Grilled Corn Salad
- 6 ears of corn, husks and silk removed
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1 cup (packed) fresh basil leaves
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
Brush the corn with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a grill or grill pan over medium heat. Cook for 8 minutes, turning a quarter turn every 2 minutes. Remove from the grill and let cool.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, ¾ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, and the herbes de provence. Cut the corn kernels from the cobs. Add to the dressing along with the tomatoes and stir to combine. Stack the basil leaves on top of each other. Roll up like a cigar and cut with a very sharp knife into thin ribbons. Add the basil to the corn and tomato mixture and stir. Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.