Carol’s Gluten Free Cornbread Mix
I am so pleased to introduce you to Carol’s Gluten Free Cornbread Mix, a non-GMO, easy to prepare mix that makes great homestyle cornbread that tastes just like it’s been made from scratch.
We are picky about our cornbread in my family, so I worked for months and months to develop a mix that would meet our high expectations. As well as being gluten free and non-GMO, the mix is soy free, nut free, and dairy free. You simply add in eggs, milk and butter (both of which can be dairy free) and bake.
Each bag of mix makes one 8 by 8 inch cornbread with a moist, tender crumb that is delicious as is and even better with a little honey butter slathered on top!
Cornbread is the perfect accompaniment for so many things, such as chili, stews, soups, ham, and turkey, to name a few.
This cornbread is great as is but you can also give it your own personal twist by adding cheese, peppers, herbs, dried fruit, corn kernels, vegetables, nuts, you name it!
To help you create your own personal cornbread masterpiece, here are a few guidelines:
1. Prepare the cornbread batter per the package directions.
2. Then choose up to 3 of the following to stir into the batter, using ½ cup of each:
• Corn kernels, cooked or raw
• Canned hominy, drained and rinsed
• Canned garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
• Green onions, chopped
• Onions, chopped (raw or sautéed)
• Broccoli florets, blanched and chopped
• Spinach or kale, chopped and sautéed
• Tomato, seeded and chopped
• Bell pepper (any color), seeded and chopped
• Roasted peppers, peeled, seeded, and chopped or cut into slivers
• Sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, patted dry and chopped
• Black olives, pitted, dried, and sliced
• Apples, peeled, cored, diced, and sautéed until tender
• Cranberries, fresh or frozen and thawed, chopped
• Berries, fresh or frozen and thawed
• Dried fruit, chopped if large
• Nuts, chopped or sliced
• Bacon, cooked and crumbled
• Sausage, cooked and crumbled
3. If desired, add shredded cheese, using 1 cup of the following:
• Pepper Jack
• Parmesan (shredded or finely grated)
• Goat or sheep’s milk cheese (crumbled)
• Dairy-free cheese
4. Stir in 1-2 of the following seasonings:
• ¼ cup chopped fresh chives, basil, parsley, or cilantro (or any combination)
• 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme, rosemary, or sage (or any combination)
• 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning (make sure it’s gluten-free)
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 jalapeño pepper, deveined, seeded, and minced
• 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (make sure it’s gluten-free), minced
• 2 garlic cloves, minced (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
5. Bake the cornbread as directed on the package.
6. Accept all the compliments from your diners with a smile!
You can order Carol’s Gluten Free Cornbread Mix, a non-GMO and easy to prepare mix that makes great homestyle cornbread HERE.
Enjoy Carol’s Gluten Free Cornbread Mix!
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.