Swiss Chard, Leek & Feta Frittata
Start your day on a healthy note by adding nutrient-rich, energizing greens to your morning meal. We make it easy with this simple recipe that incorporates vibrant swiss chard in a savory frittata. Getting out of bed will be so worth it with this on the menu.
Gluten Free Swiss Chard, Leek & Feta Frittata
- 10 large eggs
- ¼ cup half-and-half heavy cream, or canned coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium leeks white and light green parts only, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 medium bunch Swiss chard stems removed and leaves chopped (5-6 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves minced or finely grated
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, salt, and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a large (10-12 inch) skillet over medium heat. Brush the butter around the bottom and sides of the pan. Add the leeks. Cook, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes. Add the chard and cook, stirring often, until the leaves wilt, 3-4 minutes. Stir in the garlic. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables. Sprinkle with the feta and cook for 1-2 minutes until just set around the edges.
- Carefully transfer to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until the frittata is puffed, golden, and cooked through. Cut into wedges and serve.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.