Gluten-Free Grilled Glazed Drumettes
It’s grilling season! What better way to kick off this delicious season than with some gluten-free Grilled Glazed Drumettes. Charred and glazed on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside, these will hit the spot and are perfect for entertaining guests.
I used a few pantry staples to create the glaze – ketchup, sweet chili sauce, tamari, ground ginger, and garlic powder. I used San-J low sodium tamari for this to cut back on the saltiness of regular tamari. If you’re not familiar, tamari is soy sauce in the purest sense – most soy sauces contain wheat and soybeans, but tamari is pure soybeans.
This recipe is full of flavor thanks to the glaze and is really easy to make, so fire up that grill!
Check out more gluten-free grilling recipes.
Gluten-Free Grilled Glazed Drumettes Recipe
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons San-J low sodium Tamari
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 pounds chicken wing drumettes
- 1 green onion , very finely minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Ranch dressing , for serving
- Combine the ketchup, chili sauce, tamari, ginger, and garlic powder and mix well. Pour ¾ of the mixture into a large food storage bag. Add the chicken wings, seal the bag, and toss several times to coat. Let the chicken wings marinate for 20 minutes at room temperature or for 4-8 hours in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the grill for direct heat and preheat to medium. Oil the grates.
- Using grill tongs, remove the drumettes from the bag and place on the grill. Discard the marinade. Cover and grill for 10 minutes. Brush the drumettes with the reserved marinade and flip them over. Brush the top side with more of the reserved marinade. Cover and grill for another 10 minutes. Give the wings a final brush of the marinade and flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes or until done and nicely charred.
- Place on a serving platter, sprinkle with the green onion and sesame seeds, and serve with the ranch dressing on the side.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.