Gluten-Free Honey Garlic Shrimp and Broccoli Stir-Fry Recipe
This is a healthy, fast meal with a perfect combination of sweet and savory flavors. It’s so easy to make ahead of time, freeze, and then throw in a pan when ready to cook. Serve it over frozen prepared jasmine rice that simply needs to be reheated in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Honey Garlic Shrimp and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil divided
- ⅓ cup gluten-free soy sauce
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound uncooked peeled, deveined shrimp
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2-3 cups prepared jasmine rice frozen
To eat immediately:
- Mix 2 tablespoons sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, salt, pepper, and garlic together and pour over shrimp. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil over medium-low heat in a pan. Remove shrimp from marinade, add to the pan, and cook 2 minutes. Add broccoli florets and cook 2 minutes longer, or until shrimp is cooked through.
- In a small pan or the microwave, reheat frozen (already prepared) jasmine rice. Serve shrimp and sauce over rice.
To prepare and freeze:
- Mix 2 tablespoons sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, salt, pepper, and garlic together in one container. Place shrimp in a separate container. Place broccoli florets in another container. Freeze all containers for up to 3 months.
To cook from frozen:
- Thaw marinade, shrimp, and broccoli. Add shrimp to marinade. Let sit for an hour in the fridge and then follow cooking instructions.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.