Gluten-Free Ponzu Burger with Quick Ponzu Pickles Recipe
When you’re craving two different cuisines and you can’t make up your mind on which one to eat, what do you do? I let my creative genius take over and I whip up a dish that fuses the two together – like this Asian-American Gluten-Free Ponzu Burger with Quick Ponzu Pickles recipe. It takes the American hamburger and infuses it with Asian flavor.
I have to say that I am so excited to have gluten-free ponzu sauce! If you aren’t familiar with it, it is a salty, citrusy soy sauce that is incredibly versatile. For this recipe, I used ponzu not only in the burgers themselves but in the pickles and the secret sauce.
I used Marukan’s Yuzu Ponzu in this recipe. Yuzu has a tart flavor, similar to that of a grapefruit, with hints of mandarin orange. It’s vibrant and delicious, and Marukan’s ponzu sauces and rice vinegars are non-GMO and gluten-free.
If you want something different for dinner this week, something with amazing flavor that is sure to satisfy all appetites, this is the dish!
Gluten Free Ponzu Burger with Quick Ponzu Pickles Recipe
For the Pickles:
For the Secret Sauce:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Marukan Yuzu Ponzu
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
For the Burgers:
- 1 1/3 pounds ground chuck
- 2 tablespoon Marukan Yuzu Ponzu
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 gluten-free hamburger buns warmed
- Lettuce for serving
Make the Pickles:
- Combine the vinegar, ponzu sauce, sugar, salt, and pepper in a small mixing bowl. Whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Add the vegetables and let sit while preparing the sauce and burgers.
Make the Sauce:
- Whisk together all the sauce ingredients. Refrigerate until serving time.
Make the Burgers:
- Combine the beef and ponzu sauce in a bowl. Mix with your hands, just until well combined. Divide into four equal portions, then form into patties. Using your thumb, create an indentation on the top of each patty. Season the patties on each side with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook on one side for 5 minutes or until browned. Flip and cook for another 5-6 minutes for medium rare.
- Drain the pickles and serve the burgers with the pickles, sauce, and lettuce.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers’ samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.