Gluten-Free Red, White & Blue Burgers
With blue cheese, tomatoes, and mayonnaise, these burgers get a red, white, and blue theme, making them perfect for the 4th of July! Serve these along with our Red, White, and Blue Potato Salad at your holiday barbecue.
Red, White & Blue Burgers
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise, plus more for the buns
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1½ pounds ground chuck (80/20)
- Vegetable oil
- 6 gluten-free hamburger buns
- ½ head iceberg lettuce
- 6 thick slices ripe tomato
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder, ⅛ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Mix until smooth. Stir in the blue cheese crumbles. Cover and refrigerate until serving time. Can be made a day ahead.
- Prepare the grill for direct heat and heat to medium-high.
- Divide ground chuck into 6 equal portions. Form each portion into patties and make a depression in the center of each patty with your thumb. Brush the patties with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the burgers for 4 minutes with the lid closed. Flip the burgers and cook, with the lid closed, for another 3-4 minutes for medium-rare. Grill the hamburger buns until toasted, if desired.
- Spread a little mayonnaise on each cut side of the buns. On the bottom buns, place some lettuce, top with a tomato slice, a burger patty, and dollop with the blue cheese sauce.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.