The “All Things Superfoods” Soup Recipe
Practically every ingredient in this soup is considered a “superfood” and therefore makes this a meal jam-packed with a great variety of nutrients. It is easy to throw together, should give you plenty of leftovers, and the health benefits of this will go a long way in keeping your immune system strong.
The “All Things Superfoods” Soup
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups onions, diced
- 2 cups carrots, cut into ½-inch thick rounds
- 2 cups celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 8 cups cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 4 cups low-sodium bone broth
- 4 cups water
- 15 ounces green or brown lentils, cooked
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh sweet marjoram, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Plain Greek yogurt or dairy-free yogurt , for topping
- Diced avocado , for topping
- Heat oil in a large (8-quart or larger) soup pot over medium heat. Add onions, carrot, celery, and garlic. Sauté, stirring frequently, until softened, about 10-12 minutes. Add cabbage and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, about 10 minutes more. Add tomato paste and turmeric and cook, stirring, for 1 minute longer.
- Add broth, water, cooked lentils, and salt. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in marjoram and fresh lemon juice. Serve garnished with yogurt and avocado.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.