Instant Pot Three-Ingredient Salsa Chicken
If you want to meal prep this weekend in preparation for your work week, this Instant Pot Three-Ingredient Salsa Chicken recipe is an excellent option. This is great in tacos and burritos, with rice and beans, cold on salad … it is just a great, tasty staple to have on hand and it is good for several days in the fridge. Plus, it freezes well.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, no worries! This can also be made in a slow cooker using the same method, just cook it on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
For the ingredients, especially since there are only three, I used high-quality ingredients like organic chicken and Xochitl’s Chunky Salsa, which is so flavorful. And of course, be sure to double check that your taco seasoning is gluten-free. McCormick is a trusted, easy to find brand that makes gluten-free taco seasoning.
Get more gluten-free Instant Pot recipes.
Instant Pot Three-Ingredient Salsa Chicken Recipe
- 1 (1-ounce) packet gluten-free taco seasoning
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (15-ounce) jar Xochitl Chunky Salsa
- Season the chicken with the taco seasoning.
- Pour half of the salsa into the insert of an Instant Pot. Add the chicken, top with the rest of the salsa. Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes and allow the pressure to naturally release.
- Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and shred with two forks.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.