Spicy Sweet & Sour Meatballs
Need a last-minute appetizer idea before tomorrow’s big feast? These Spicy Sweet & Sour Meatballs are so simple, a caveman could do it! The caveman would just have to cook it over fire, of course. Made with just three ingredients plus some parsley for garnish, this is not only easy but affordable, too.
I used chicken meatballs for this recipe because Bell & Evans makes high-quality chicken products and I just love keeping some of their meatballs in the freezer for easy last-minute dishes. The sweet, spicy, and sour comes from grape jelly and Thai sweet chili sauce. The combination is so delicious, that’s all you need! No seasonings or salt, just two ingredients for sauce and some high-quality meatballs.
Serve these sprinkled with parsley for a pop of color and poke some toothpicks in them on a serving tray for a fast appetizer.
Get more gluten-free appetizer recipes.
Gluten-Free Spicy Sweet & Sour Meatballs
- 1 (18-ounce) jar grape jelly
- 1 (12-ounce) jar Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 (30-ounce) bag Bell & Evans Traditional Chicken Meatballs, frozen
- Chopped parsley , for garnish
- Combine the jelly and chili sauce in a large pan and melt the jelly over medium heat. Add the meatballs, stir, cover the pan, and cook over medium-low for 30 minutes or until the meatballs register 170 degrees on an instant-read thermometer.
- Transfer the meatballs with a slotted spoon to a mixing bowl, turn up the heat to high, and cook the liquid until it thickens and reduces by two thirds, 10-12 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the meatballs back to the liquid, stir gently, and keep warm until serving.
- Garnish with parsley.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.