Gluten Free BBQ Chicken & Pasta Salad
It seems like once a year I go on a rant about sending the kiddos back to school in August instead of waiting until after Labor Day like civilized people. This year I am going to refrain from mentioning anything about that.
Except to mention how challenging dinnertime can be when it is still blazing hot and you have to get dinner on the table quickly while adjusting back into the school days routine.
This Asian BBQ Chicken & Pasta Salad is so quick and easy it will help you ease back into your new routine. It can be made way ahead and served cold and it makes a good amount so you can always send leftovers in the kids lunchboxes – cook once, eat twice has always been my motto!
To save time and energy I use gluten-free rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, pre-shredded carrots, and frozen corn kernels. I also use San-J Asian BBQ Sauce – it’s an Asian twist on barbecue sauce I find both kids and adults love.
Gluten Free BBQ Chicken & Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 pound gluten free pasta shells
- 3 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 16 ounces frozen corn kernels thawed
- 1½ cups shredded carrots
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup San J Asian BBQ Sauce
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Rinse first with hot water then cold water and drain.
- Combine the pasta with the chicken, corn and carrots. Season with salt and pepper. Combine the mayonnaise and San J Asian BBQ Sauce. Add to the pasta mixture and stir well.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers’ samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.
Is there a good alternative sauce, I cannot buy it locally ?
Any gluten-free BBQ sauce that you link is fine.
Pingback: Gluten Free Chicken & Apple Skewers | Recipes | Simply Gluten Free
Pingback: Roasted Shrimp with Wasabi Cocktail Sauce Recipe