Gluten Free Pizza Dough Recipe – Easy Step by Step
You know those people who say “I never get sick” and will assert that fact even if they are burning up with a 102 degree temperature and can barely stand? Well, I’m one of those people. In all honesty, I rarely do get sick. But when I do, it’s usually pretty bad. Mostly because I try to ignore the fact.
I recently had bronchitis. I didn’t know I had it, I just knew I was exhausted and coughing and kept having fevers which was really annoying and keeping me from getting as much work done as I usually do.
Finally, I went to the doctor and he told me that either I go down now and get some rest or I would go down later – in the hospital with pneumonia. So off to bed I went.
Here’s what I realized after two days in bed. First of all, it is a lot more fun to stay in bed all day if you’re not sick. Secondly, I realized that when it comes to being gluten free, yes some things may be more difficult but other things are easier. Way easier.
I watched a LOT of TV when I was down, after all, what else are you going to do? And I watched a lot of cooking shows. I saw two shows where pizza was being made from scratch.
To make regular gluten-filled pizza dough you have to let yeast proof, add the yeast to flour and stuff, combine it, knead the dough, let it rise, punch it down, let it rise again… that’s a lot of work! Not to mention, a lot of time. No wonder takeout pizza is so popular. When you’re hungry for pizza, who wants to wait hours to have one?
Making this Gluten Free Pizza Dough Recipe – Easy Step by Step is SO much easier! Just dump some ingredients in a mixer and let it do the work! And in about the same amount of time as you could get a pizza delivered, you have fresh, hot, amazing gluten free pizza from scratch.
Here’s a little step-by-step for you, so you can make your own.
Press dough into a pizza pan or baking sheet – don’t worry about any cracks, just pinch together
Pre-bake the crust for 10 minutes in a 425 degree oven
Top with the toppings of your choice, bake for another 20 – 25 minutes
Enjoy delicious, hot baked, homemade gluten free pizza
BTW – I am totally well now. And this pizza helped me feel a lot better!
Gluten Free Pizza Dough Recipe - Easy Step by Step
- 1½ cups All Purpose Gluten-free Flour Blend
- 1½ teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon dry active yeast
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- ½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon agave nectar sugar or honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup warm water around 110 degrees is perfect
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with regular beaters or whisk attachment (not dough hook or paddle attachment). Mix on low until combined. Scrape down the bowl once. Turn the mixer to high and mix for 3 minutes. If the mixture is too dry and does not form into a dough, add a little more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, with the mixer running. The dough may clunk around in the mixer at first, then soften up – this is fine. The dough will be soft and sticky.
- Dust a work surface generously with more All Purpose Gluten-free Flour Blend. Knead the dough a few times until it is smooth and no longer sticky. Press the dough into a pizza pan or baking sheet. You can roll with a rolling pin if you like.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Add any toppings you like and bake for an additional 20 – 25 minutes.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers’ samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.