Salt & Pepper Shrimp
Summer is for seafood! What better way to kick off the hot and steamy months of summer than with a simple Salt & Pepper Shrimp recipe that takes minutes to prepare? You’re going to love this quick and easy dish.
This recipe uses a Good It’s Gluten Free Chinese Salt & Pepper Meal Kit, which includes a batter, breadcrumb coating, and salt and pepper seasoning mix. All you have to do is add the shrimp. I like to toss some cilantro leaves on top as garnish and serve these shrimp with lime wedges for that extra hint of flavor and summer freshness.
This recipe serves 4 as an appetizer or 2 as a main dish if you want to serve it with some sides like potato salad or coleslaw.
Get more gluten-free quick and easy recipes.
Gluten-Free Salt & Pepper Shrimp
Servings: 4 servings (as appetizer)
- 1 Good It’s Gluten Free Chinese Salt & Pepper Meal Kit
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp , peeled and deveined, tails on
- Vegetable oil
- Cilantro leaves , for garnish
- Lime wedges
- Combine the batter mix from the meal kit with 10 tablespoons water and whisk until smooth. Place the panko breadcrumbs from the kit in a shallow bowl or on a plate. Coat the shrimp in batter then roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Add enough oil in a large skillet to come up ¼ inch. Heat over medium-high heat until it begins to shimmer. Fry the shrimp in batches (do not overcrowd the pan) 2 minutes per side or until lightly golden brown. Remove from oil with a slotted spoon and continue until all the shrimp are cooked. Sprinkle the salt and pepper mix from the kit all over the cooked shrimp and put on a platter garnished with cilantro and lime wedges.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.