Servings: 12 servings
- 3 pounds baby Yukon gold potatoes (1½ – 2 inches in size)
- 6 slices thick-cut nitrate free bacon (omit for vegetarian and vegan)
- Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt (increase salt for vegan method)
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup fresh Italian parsley , chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Scrub potatoes and place in a large saucepan covered with salted water. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Cut bacon into small pieces and fry over medium heat until the fat has rendered and the bacon bits are crispy. Drain the bacon on paper towels and reserve. Pour the bacon fat into a measuring cup and add enough olive oil to make ½ cup. For vegan recipe, omit the bacon and just use ½ cup olive oil.
- Place potatoes in a roasting pan, add the bacon fat mixture, salt, and pepper and toss to coat. Bake for 1 hour or until the potatoes are fork tender, stirring once or twice while cooking.
- Toss potatoes with the reserved bacon bits and parsley and serve.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 112 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g5%
Vitamin A 210IU4%
Vitamin C 16.3mg20%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.