Roasted Sweet Potato & Black Bean Salad with Sweet Almond-Curry Dressing
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oi
- ½ cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- ¼ cup natural smooth almond butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon mild curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 10 drops plain liquid stevia, or to taste
- Fine sea salt, to taste
- 1 (19-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3-4 green onions (also called scallions), white and light green parts only, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Italian (flat leaf) parsley
Prepare the sweet potatoes: Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Toss the sweet potato cubes with the oil and spread in a single layer on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake just until the potatoes are tender, 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature.
Make the dressing: Whisk together the almond milk, almond butter, cinnamon, curry powder, ginger, stevia, and salt until smooth. Adjust the thickness if necessary by adding more milk.
Mix the salad: In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes with the beans and onions. Toss gently with the dressing. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.