Roasted Sweet Potato & Black Bean Salad with Sweet Almond-Curry Dressing
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oi
- ½ cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- ¼ cup natural smooth almond butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon mild curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 10 drops plain liquid stevia, or to taste
- Fine sea salt, to taste
- 1 (19-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3-4 green onions (also called scallions), white and light green parts only, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Italian (flat leaf) parsley
Prepare the sweet potatoes: Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Toss the sweet potato cubes with the oil and spread in a single layer on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake just until the potatoes are tender, 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature.
Make the dressing: Whisk together the almond milk, almond butter, cinnamon, curry powder, ginger, stevia, and salt until smooth. Adjust the thickness if necessary by adding more milk.
Mix the salad: In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes with the beans and onions. Toss gently with the dressing. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve immediately.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.