Smoked Salmon & Goat Cheese Quiches in Baked Potato Skins
- Gluten-free olive oil cooking spray
- 6 small Russet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, thinly sliced (white and light green part)
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup egg whites (or about 6 large egg whites)
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Line a 9×13-inch rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and mist with olive oil cooking spray.
- Scrub the potatoes and prick each one several times with a fork.
- Place the potatoes on the foil and bake for 50 minutes, turning once, until fork-tender.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and reduce oven temperature to 350ºF. Let the potatoes cool for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté the leek until softened, about 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, yogurt, dill, and black pepper. Stir in the salmon, goat cheese, and cooked leeks.
- If needed, cut a thin slice from one long side of each potato so that they can sit flat on the baking sheet.
- Slice about ¼-inch from the opposite side of each potato and use a rounded spoon (like a teaspoon or tablespoon size measuring spoon) or melon baller to scoop the flesh from each potato, leaving a shell about ¼-inch thick.
- (The scooped out potato can be discarded or saved for another use.) Arrange all of the potatoes on the foil-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the insides of each potato skin with a pinch of salt. Pour about 1/3 cup of egg mixture into each potato. Carefully transfer to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, until set.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.