Açaí Berry Truffles
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted and halved
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons açaí powder
- 3 tablespoons frozen (thawed) cranberries
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons cacao powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Line an 8×8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the dates, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, açaí powder, cranberries, orange juice, cacao powder, and salt in a food processor or blender and process until almost smooth.
- Take about 1 tablespoon of the date mixture, and with wet hands, shape it into a ball.
- Place the ball on the prepared pan.
- Repeat until you have used up all of the date mixture.
- Pour the shredded coconut into a small bowl.
- Roll each ball in the coconut and place it back on the prepared pan.
- Put the truffles in the freezer to chill for at least 1 hour.
- Place the truffles in a sealable plastic bag and keep frozen until ready to eat.
Makes about 18 truffles
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.