Grilled Shrimp and Fire Roasted Vegetable Salad
As temperatures start to soar I like to keep things on the light side when it comes to dinner. Light and simple. And if I can cook dinner outside on my grill – so much the better. This Grilled Shrimp and Fire Roasted Vegetable Salad recipe creates a simple summer meal that is light, delicious, and perfect for summer entertaining.
It’s easy enough for a week night, fancy enough for Saturday night. You can make it on the grill or, if you’re not so inclined to grilling outdoors, a grill pan works great.
The shrimp are so simple and, depending on how you serve them, can be quite elegant or down-right down-home. You can even serve just the shrimp as an appetizer. Add a little more of the San-J Asian BBQ sauce on the side for dipping if you like.
The grilled salad is the result of a stroll through the Farmer’s Market. It’s fresh and vibrant and just perfect for a warm summer evening. You can serve the salad at room temperature or cold if you want to prepare it ahead of time. Just cover and refrigerate.
Now might be a good time to let you in on a little secret – although my hubby does not cook, he grills. So whenever I am not really in the mood to cook, I simply suggest that we have a barbecue. He will happily stand over that grill and cook anything I put in front of him. So for this meal, all I have to do is a little prep and tossing of the salad and he does the rest. The results are almost as amazing as the fact that he falls for my “let’s have a barbecue” scheme every time! Since its Father’s Day I probably wont make him fall for it today. Probably…
Gluten Free Grilled Shrimp Recipe
- 6 tablespoons San-J Asian BBQ Sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1½ pounds large shrimp peeled, deveined, tail on
- Vegetable oil
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes.
- Combine the San-J Asian BBQ Sauce and melted butter and pour into a large food storage bag. Add the shrimp, close the bag, and flip several times to coat the shrimp. Marinate in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Thread 2-3 shrimp on each skewer. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Heat grill to medium-high, brush the grill grates with oil, and grill the skewers for 2 minutes per side.
Fire Roasted Grilled Vegetable Salad
- 3 tablespoons San-J Asian BBQ Sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ears corn shucked
- Vegetable oil
- 4 green onions
- 2 poblano peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 seedless cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1 large tomato seeded and chopped
- 2 cups baby arugula
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the San-J Asian BBQ Sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Whisk together. Set aside.
- Heat the grill to high. Brush the corn lightly with oil and place on the grill grates. Roast, turning occasionally, until charred all over, about 10 minutes. Remove from grill and let cool. When cool enough to handle, cut the kernels from the ears of corn. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Brush the green onions with oil and roast for 2 minutes per side. Remove from grill and let cool. When cool enough to handle, chop, and add to the corn kernels.
- Place the poblanos and bell peppers on the grill and roast, turning occasionally, until the skin is fully blackened, about 15 minutes. Remove from grill, place in a bowl and cover. Let sit for 10 minutes. Remove the skin from the peppers by gently rubbing. Cut in half and scrape out the seeds. Chop and add to the corn along with the cucumber, tomato, and arugula.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss to coat. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate, covered, until serving time.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers’ samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.
Pingback: 10 Gluten-Free Recipes On the Grill - Gluten Free Yumms
Pingback: Gluten Free Roasted Shrimp Recipe | Simply Gluten Free
Pingback: Braised Short Ribs with Smashed Potatoes | Simply Gluten Free
Pingback: Gluten Free Empanadas | Recipe | Simply Gluten Free
Pingback: Gluten Free Cherry Cake Recipe | Simply Gluten Free
Pingback: Cold Shrimp with Tropical Fruit Salsa | Gluten Free Recipes | Blog