Enjoy your summer holidays and parties with this simple classic hamburger recipe. Sometimes all you need is just a good old fashion burger.
- 1½ pounds ground chuck 80% lean
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil
- 4 slices cheese of your choice optional
- 4 gluten-free hamburger buns toasted
- Divide the meat into 4 equal portions. Form each portion loosely into a ¾-inch thick patty. Using your thumbs, make a deep depression in the center of each patty. Season both sides of the burgers generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill to high. Brush the patties on both sides with vegetable oil. Grill the burgers for 3-4 minutes or until browned on the bottom and you see juices rising to the top. Flip and grill for another 4 minutes for medium-rare or 5-6 minutes for medium. If making cheeseburgers, add a slice of cheese to the top of each burger 1 minute before they are done.
- Serve on toasted buns with condiments of your choice.
- If using a grill pan: Heat the grill pan on top of the stove over high heat until a drop of water sizzles immediately when splashed on the pan. Cook as directed above.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.