Burgers are as American as the Fourth of July and, for many, as essential to the holiday as fireworks! Try this Falafel Burgers recipe to spice up the party fare.
Servings: 6 Servings
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans) rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch scallions green onions, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1 small bunch flat-leaf parsley about 1 cup, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 tablespoons gluten-free garbanzo bean flour or all-purpose gluten-free flour divided use
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Lettuce leaves for serving
- Creamy Tahini Sauce for serving
- Chili garlic sauce for serving (optional)
- Put the chickpeas, scallions, parsley, cumin, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons flour into a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Process until the mixture becomes a coarse paste. Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and shape into patties. Put the rest of the flour on a plate. Place the patties in the flour and coat well on both sides.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until crispy.
- To serve, place the falafel burgers on lettuce leaves. Top each burger with a dollop of Creamy Tahini Sauce. Add a dab of chili garlic sauce if desired. Serve the rest of the tahini sauce on the side.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 354 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g5%
Vitamin A 80IU2%
Vitamin C 2.5mg3%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.