Gluten-Free Cherry Chocolate Protein Bars Recipe
These Gluten-Free Cherry Chocolate Protein Bars will fill you up with nuts, fruits, and other whole foods. They’re portable and better than sugary store-bought bars. For more homemade snacks, try this Easy Homemade Honey Cashew Butter recipe or this Macadamia Blueberry Breakfast Cookies recipe.
Gluten-Free Cherry Chocolate Protein Bars
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup unsalted pistachios , shelled
- 2 cups pitted dates , chopped
- 1 cup dried cherries
- ¾ cup egg whites
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (3.5-ounce) bar dark chocolate, chopped
- Sprinkle of coarse sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. In a food processor, pulse the nuts together until coarsely ground. Add in the dates, cherries, egg whites, and vanilla until a paste forms. Add in chocolate and give a quick pulse. (Do not over-mix the chocolate so you can taste the big yummy chunks!)
- Push the mixture into a parchment-lined 9x13-inch baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the center feels firm. Remove from the oven, let cool, and cut into bars. Sprinkle a little sea salt over top to enhance the sweetness, if desired.
- These will last on the counter for a few days or up to a week or more in the fridge.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.