Football Rice Crispy Treats Recipe
Gooey, chocolatey rice crispy treats cut into football shapes and coated in two kinds of chocolate. Football parties won’t be complete without these on the table!
Football Rice Crispy Treats
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 6 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 cups chocolate gluten-free crispy rice cereal (I used One Degree Sprouted Brown Rice Cacao Crisps)
- 12 ounces chocolate or chocolate almond bark
- 2 ounces white chocolate or vanilla almond bark
- Line a 9x13-inch pan with aluminum foil and spray with gluten-free nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium pot, melt the butter over medium-low heat. When the butter is melted, reduce the heat to low and add 5 cups of the mini marshmallows. Stir frequently until the marshmallows are melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and the remaining 1 cup of marshmallows. Stir to melt the marshmallows a bit (chunks of marshmallow are OK), then stir in the crispy rice cereal.
- When all the cereal is coated with the marshmallow mixture, transfer to the prepared pan. Let it sit in the pan to cool for a minute or two, then use a spatula or your hands to press into the pan.
- Cool completely, then cut into footballs with a football shaped cookie cutter. Scraps can be pressed into the cookie cutter to create more footballs.
- Melt the chocolate according to package directions and line a sheet pan with wax paper. Dip a football treat halfway in the melted chocolate, then place on the wax paper, chocolate side up, to harden. Repeat for all the treats.
- Melt the white chocolate according to the package directions. Transfer the melted white chocolate to a small sandwich bag. Snip a small hole in a bottom corner of the bag and pipe the football laces and details onto the treats.
- Let the chocolate harden completely before storing in an airtight container. Treats can be stored for up to 3 days.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.