This recipe literally has “fun” in its name! Queso Fundido, also known as molten cheese, is similar to fondue but with a spin! It has chorizo, peppers, and onion in it and is served with salsa, cilantro, and tortilla chips. Sounds fun, right? It’s a perfect dip for football season!
This recipe comes together quickly and easily after a bit of chopping. Be sure not to over-cook the cheese mixture because if you do, it can become too brown and hard.
For the salsa and chips, I used Xochitl brand. Their corn tortilla chips are delicious and come in different varieties including a Halloween colored variety and a Christmas colored variety, making them fun to serve at parties.
Check out more gluten-free appetizer recipes.
Gluten-Free Queso Fundido Recipe
- 12 ounces Mexican chorizo , casings removed and crumbled
- 1 small onion , diced
- 1 poblano pepper , seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper , seeded and minced
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ¼ cup Xochitl salsa of choice
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- Chopped cilantro , for garnish
- 1 (12 ounce) bag Xochitl Corn Tortilla Chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, cook the chorizo over medium high heat until browned, about 5 minutes. Add the onion and peppers and cook until the vegetables are soft and the chorizo is cooked through, about 7 minutes. Add the cheeses, stir to combine, and put in the oven for 4-6 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly but is not browning and hardening. It should just be very “melty.”
- Combine the salsa with the tomatoes, place on top and garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately with chips.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.