Gluten-Free Chips & Salsa Quiche
Just like you can use crushed cookies or graham crackers as pie crust, you can use crushed tortilla chips for quiche! That’s right. That inventive idea is the inspiration behind this Gluten-Free Chips & Salsa Quiche recipe.
This recipe is so simple that it can be whipped up on a weekday or a weekend, for your family or for guests. That makes it ideal for a Cinco de Mayo meal. I can see this being paired with some pineapple margaritas for lunch on the patio. Sounds like a pre-weekend fiesta to me!
For this recipe, I used Xochitl chips and salsa. You can use any of their salsas you like best.
Get more gluten-free Cinco de Mayo recipes.
Gluten-Free Chips & Salsa Quiche Recipe
- Gluten-free nonstick cooking spray
- 9 ounces (2/3 of a bag) Xochitl corn tortilla chips
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- 10 large eggs ,
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Xochitl salsa of choice , plus more for serving
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Sour cream and cilantro for serving , optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a deep dish 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- Put the tortilla chips in a food storage bag and crush with a rolling pin until fine crumbs. You should have 3 cups crushed chips. Combine with the melted butter and press the mixture firmly into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pie pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Leave the oven on.
- Whisk the eggs with the cream, salt, and pepper. Add the salsa and cheese and stir well. Pour into the pie crust, place on a baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the center is set. Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve with sour cream, extra salsa, and cilantro if desired.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.