Lobster Tacos with Cilantro Slaw
Casual food meets fine dining in this delicious Lobster Tacos with Cilantro Slaw recipe. Tacos are a favorite around these parts and there’s no taco we won’t try! Lobster tacos offer a fun, unique spin on a classic comfort food and will have you wanting to make these a regular in your taco rotation.
For the slaw, we added cilantro and jalapeño to give it new flavor. The lobster meat is dipped in a butter and rice vinegar solution, which really adds a nice layer of flavor without overpowering the lobster. I used Marukan Lite Seasoned Rice Vinegar for this dish.
These are wonderful tacos to serve to guests or for a special date night when you want to keep things casual but kind of fancy, too.
Get more gluten-free taco recipes.
Gluten-Free Lobster Tacos with Cilantro Slaw
For the slaw:
- 2 cups coleslaw mix or finely shredded cabbage
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro , minced
- ½ jalapeño pepper , seeded, deveined, and finely minced, optional
- 4 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Marukan Lite Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- Kosher or fine sea salt , to taste
- Black pepper , to taste
For the tacos:
- 2 tablespoons butter , melted
- 1 tablespoon Marukan Lite Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- ½ pound cooked lobster meat
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 6 corn tortillas , warmed
- 1 avocado , sliced
- Cilantro leaves to garnish
- Lime wedges , for serving
- Make the slaw by mixing all ingredients together. Season to taste with salt and pepper and let sit at room temperature while preparing the tacos.
- Mix the mayonnaise and Sriracha together.
- Combine the melted butter and vinegar and dip the lobster meat into the mixture.
- Top tortillas with slaw, lobster, avocado slices, spicy mayo, and cilantro leaves. Serve with lime wedges.
See this recipe in action!
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.