Roasted Tomato & White Bean Crostini
Having company over this weekend? If so, you might want to whip up this delicious Roasted Tomato & White Bean Crostini. It’s a simple recipe that tastes delicious and utilizes fresh tomatoes, which are at their best right now!
This dish uses a few pantry staples, like olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and canned beans. (I used Pastene’s White Kidney Beans.) Many of us who are gluten-free also keep gluten-free baguettes on hand … don’t we? Or is that just me? You can also make your own baguettes with my tried-and-true gluten-free French bread recipe.
Add in a couple fresh items – cherry tomatoes and basil – and this dish comes together quickly and effortlessly.
If you’ve never made crostini before, trust me when I say it’s super simple and is a great throw-together appetizer to serve to last-minute guests or at parties you’ve had planned for weeks! It’s fancy enough but not pretentious, it doesn’t cost much, and it’s something that pleases most peoples’ palates.
Get more gluten-free crostini recipes.
Gluten-Free Roasted Tomato & White Bean Crostini
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a 9 x 12-inch baking dish. Cut the tomatoes in half, place in the dish, cover with another 2 tablespoons oil, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. Scatter the garlic on top of the tomatoes. Roast for 20 minutes. Leave the oven on.
- Cut the baguettes into ½-inch slices. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Brush with oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until golden.
- Drain and rinse the beans. Add to the tomatoes while still warm and mash with a fork. Let sit while the baguette slices toast. Stir the basil into the tomato mixture. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if desired.
- Transfer tomatoes to a serving bowl and serve with the crostini. Drizzle with extra olive oil, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.