With just 5 ingredients, Angela’s Ham is a simple and delicious recipe that goes beyond the glaze packet that comes with a spiral ham. It’s a spruced-up ham fit for your holiday dinner table!
- 1 (6-8 pound) fully cooked bone-in ham
- 6 cloves
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple slices in juice, juice reserved
- 1 (10-14 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, juice reserved
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Score the surface of the ham with shallow diagonal cuts, dot with the cloves, and place in a roasting pan.
- Combine ½ cup pineapple juice, ½ cup maraschino cherry juice, and the brown sugar in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Let simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Baste the ham with the pineapple cherry sauce, cover with foil, and roast for 1½ hours, basting every 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and decorate with the pineapple slices and as many cherries as you’d like, securing with toothpicks. Baste again and cook uncovered for another 30-45 minutes. Remove the cloves before serving.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.