With just 5 ingredients, Angela’s Ham is a simple and delicious recipe that goes beyond the glaze packet that comes with a spiral ham. It’s a spruced-up ham fit for your holiday dinner table!
- 1 (6-8 pound) fully cooked bone-in ham
- 6 cloves
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple slices in juice, juice reserved
- 1 (10-14 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, juice reserved
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Score the surface of the ham with shallow diagonal cuts, dot with the cloves, and place in a roasting pan.
- Combine ½ cup pineapple juice, ½ cup maraschino cherry juice, and the brown sugar in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Let simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Baste the ham with the pineapple cherry sauce, cover with foil, and roast for 1½ hours, basting every 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and decorate with the pineapple slices and as many cherries as you’d like, securing with toothpicks. Baste again and cook uncovered for another 30-45 minutes. Remove the cloves before serving.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 995 Calories from Fat 603
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 24g120%
Polyunsaturated Fat 7g
Monounsaturated Fat 32g
Vitamin A 2IU0%
Vitamin C 0.3mg0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.