Gluten Free Grissini Recipe
I have heard that ‘tis the season to be of good cheer. I wonder if the abundance of cocktail parties this time of year has anything to do with contributing to that good cheer.
Cocktail parties are my favorite type of party to throw during the holidays, I don’t have the same space and seating limitations as with a dinner party which means I can invite everyone I care about and have a house full of wonderful people wishing each other well.
Whether you are having a big shindig or just a couple people over for a glass of holiday cheer, might I suggest you make these tasty gluten free grissini?
Grissini are crispy, thin breadsticks, usually no fatter than a pencil. For this recipe I upped the flavor (an ease factor) by starting with a box of Chebe Garlic-Onion Breadstick Mix and adding even more tasty goodness with Parmesan cheese, coarse black pepper, sesame and poppy seeds. They are crispy, salty, flavor-packed bites of goodness that go perfectly with a cocktail or even a steamy bowl of tomato soup.
As a little note, the thinner you can get these, the better they will be. I used a pizza cutter to cut my dough, I tried to make them all about ¼ inch thick but I didn’t quite make that goal as you can see. Regardless, they are delicious! The thing is to get them really crispy, if your grissini are cut thicker, just cook them a few minutes longer.
However you choose to spend this holiday season, I hope you have much to be cheerful about!
Gluten Free Grissini Recipe
- Gluten free non-stick cooking spray
- 1 (7.5 ounce) box Chebe Garlic-Onion Breadstick Mix
- ¼ cup olive oil use divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese divided use
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- ½ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray two flat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Chebe mix, 2 tablespoons olive oil, ¾ cup Parmesan cheese, eggs and water. Dump the mixture onto a clean work surface and knead until the dough is smooth, about 1 minute.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the remaining ¼ cup Parmesan cheese with the sesame and poppy seeds, pepper, and salt.
- Place a piece of waxed or parchment paper about 15 by 13 inches on a work surface. Place the dough on the paper and cover with another piece of paper. Roll the dough into a rectangle about 14 by 12 inches and about ¼ inch thick. Remove the top sheet of paper, brush on 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle half of the Parmesan/seed mixture on top of the dough, pressing gently to get the seasonings to adhere. Place the paper back on top, flip over the dough and repeat the process on the other side of the dough.
- Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter cut the dough into strips about ¼ inch thick. Gently lift the dough strips off the paper and place them on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes depending on thickness or until the breadsticks are browned and crispy. Rotate the pans once halfway through baking time. Let cool and serve.
- Store in an airtight container or zip lock bag at room temperature for up to 2 days.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers’ samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.