Plant-Based Nacho Tater Tots aka Nacho Mama’s Tater Tots
Do your kids come home from school hungry and go straight to asking you to make them something? It’s my understanding, based on having two (now grown) kids of my own and several grandkids, that kids love tater tots. It’s also my understanding that adults typically like them, too. So these Plant-Based Nacho Tater Tots aka Nacho Mama’s Tater Tots are a great option for hungry kids after school, hungry adults after work, or maybe even on the weekend to watch a football game or movie.
These tots are dressed up with taco seasoning, plant-based meat, and the tastiest plant-based cheese I’ve ever had – Loca plant-based queso. Yeah, that’s right, not just any cheese, but drizzle-on-everything, dip-your-chips-into, melty-gooey queso!
Top these nacho tots with anything you like – guacamole, salsa, cilantro, green onions, etc.
Check out more gluten-free tater tot recipes.
Plant-Based Nacho Tater Tots aka Nacho Mama’s Tater Tots Recipe
- 1 (32 ounce) bag gluten free frozen tater tots
- 1 pound plant-based burger meat substitute
- 1 (1 ounce) packet gluten-free taco seasoning
- ¾ cup water
- 1 (12 ounce) jar Loca Foods Plant-Based Queso
- Sliced black olives
- Salsa or pico de gallo
- Sliced green onions
- Fresh diced tomatoes
- Hot sauce
- Dairy-free sour cream
- Pickled jalapeño slices
- Place the tater tots in a single layer on a sheet pan and cook according to the package direction.
- Brown the plant-based meat substitute in a large skillet until fully browned, about 5 minutes. Add the taco seasoning and water and cook, stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes or until fully combined and thickened.
- When the tater tots are done, scatter the taco meat all over, then drizzle with the queso. Put back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Top the tater tots with any (or all) topping and serve.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.