Healthy Chocolate Banana Pudding
If your kids are out of school for the summer and have already been demanding endless supplies of junk food, this recipe is a great solution. Kids might see this as junk food thanks to its sweet taste, but this Healthy Chocolate Banana Pudding is not at all junk food! Not only is it free from refined sugar, but it also uses fruit and seeds, it’s healthy enough for breakfast, and it’s a great way to sneak in vitamins.
The vitamins I used in this recipe are chewable probiotics that help support digestive health, from ChildLife Essentials. You can use whatever milk your child prefers – dairy, almond, oat, etc.
Be sure to make this recipe the day before serving so the chia seeds have time to set and thicken the pudding.
Get more gluten-free kid-friendly recipes.
Healthy Chocolate Banana Pudding Recipe
- 2 ChildLife Essentials LiveBiotics Oral Care tablets
- 1 pitted Medjool date
- ½ cup milk of choice
- 4 bananas
- 2 tablespoons white chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Banana slices, strawberries, mint leaves, optional
- Crush the LiveBiotics Oral Care tablets into powder with the back of a spoon or mortar and pestle.
- Place the date and milk in a blender and blend on high speed until the date is incorporated into the milk, scraping down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Add the crushed LiveBiotics Oral Care tablets, bananas, chia seeds, and cocoa powder and blend on high speed for about 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the blender as needed. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate overnight.
- Divide among 2 serving bowls and serve with desired garnishes.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.