I utilize my slow cookers to do the “heavy lifting” of cooking my family’s nightly meals during the busy work and school week, and this Vietnamese Chicken recipe is one of our favorites!
- 2 pounds (1 kg) chicken thighs (any variety is fine)
- 1½ tablespoons (22.5 mL) gluten-free soy sauce
- 1½ tablespoons (22.5 mL) fish sauce
- 1½ teaspoon (6 g) granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon (0.3 g) freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic , chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) canola or vegetable oil
- Place chicken in a zippered bag or freezer container. Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl and pour over the top of the chicken. Seal the bag/container and freeze until ready to use.
- Defrost the bag the night before in the refrigerator and dump contents into the slow cooker in the morning.
- Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.