If you like pizza but also want something that requires less fuss to make, try this Pizza Casserole recipe! It’s made in the slow cooker, so it’s simple as can be.
- 1 small onion , finely diced
- 4 gluten-free Italian-seasoned chicken sausages , finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 (28-ounce/800-gram) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon (3 g) Italian seasoning
- 2 cups (200 g) gluten-free rigatoni noodles
- 1 cup (235 mL) water
- 2 cups (225 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 20 slices gluten-free pepperoni
- Use a 4-quart slow cooker. Place the diced onion, sausage, and garlic into the bottom of the slow cooker. Add in the entire can of diced tomatoes, and the Italian seasoning. Pour in the noodles (rinse them in a colander before adding to the pot). Stir in water. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until the edges have browned and pulled away from the edge of the pot and the pasta is bite tender.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.