These Fudgy Brownies are healthier than other brownies thanks to the use of almond flour, dark chocolate chips, and coconut sugar.
- 9 ounces (255 g) dark chocolate chips, divided
- ⅓ cup (80 g) coconut oil, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 3 large eggs , room temperature
- 1 cup (192 g) coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (72 g) blanched almond flour
- 3 tablespoons (22 g) raw cacao powder
- ¼ teaspoon (1.5 g) sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8-inch non-glass baking dish with parchment paper. Melt 1⅓ cups of the chocolate chips and the coconut oil in a pot set over low heat. Stir continuously until smooth. Set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs and coconut sugar in a bowl until thick and nearly doubled in size (3-5 minutes). Fold in the melted chocolate mixture and vanilla to combine. In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cacao powder, and salt. Fold this mixture into the chocolate mixture in batches until thoroughly combined. Stir in the remaining chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Begin checking the brownies at 25 minutes to make sure they are not overbaked. Cool completely before slicing into squares.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.