Plant-Based Cheesy Fondue
Ever been to The Melting Pot? It’s a fun restaurant chain focused on fondue! Cheese fondue for appetizer and main course, and chocolate fondue for dessert. It’s a cool experience for a date night or a night out with friends. What’s cool is they are certified by the Gluten Intolerance Group, so those of us who are gluten-free can dine there. But for those who are also dairy-free, vegan, or looking for an at-home version of fondue, you’re going to love this Plant-Based Cheesy Fondue recipe. It’s easy to make and so much fun to enjoy with your friends or family at home.
This dish is made with Loca’s potato-based queso, a tasty dairy-free and vegan cheese sauce alternative. We also added hard apple cider and Worcestershire to up the flavor on this and cornstarch to thicken it since we added more liquid to it. The result is so delicious, even those who can eat dairy will love this dish. Plus, it adds more vegetables to your diet, so that’s a nice bonus!
Serve this with any dippers you prefer, such as apple slices, gluten-free baguette slices, and veggies of choice.
Plant-Based Cheesy Fondue Recipe
- 1 (12-ounce) jar Loca Foods Potato Queso
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle hard apple cider
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4-5 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Apple slices
- Plant-based sausages
- Boiled new potatoes
- Gluten-free baguette slices
- Broccoli or other vegetables
- Put the Loca queso in a medium saucepan. Combine about ¼ cup of cider with the cornstarch and whisk until smooth. Add the rest of the cider to the saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Whisk in the cornstarch mixture and boil gently until thickened. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce.
- Serve hot with dippers of choice.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.