Grain-Free Cheddar Crackers
- 2 1⁄2 cups blanched almond flour, such as Honeyville Farms or Bob’s Red Mill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated full-fat extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons light-tasting oil, such as grapeseed
- Preheat the oven to 325oF. Combine the almond flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir in both cheeses. Add in the eggs and then slowly drizzle in the oil.
- Mix slowly until a dough forms. It will be quite firm. Halve the mixture. (You can roll out both halves of dough right away or freeze one half for another time.)
- Place the dough in the center of a large piece of parchment paper. Place another piece on top and using a rolling pin, roll from the center outwards until the dough is about ⅛-inch thick.
- Peel back the top parchment layer. If you want perfect square crackers, take a pizza cutter and create a grid. You can take this opportunity to sharpen the edges as well, trimming off excess dough. If you want to get creative with the kids, use cookie cutters to make fun shapes!
- Transfer the rolled out dough (parchment paper and all) to a baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the dough is browning on the edges and the middle is no longer moist.
- Let cool completely before breaking them into crackers.
Will vary (depending on the size you cut your crackers)
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.