- 10 pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons nut/seed butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1⁄2 cup dried fruit
- 2 tablespoons mini dark chocolate chips
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 250ºF.
- In a food processor or blender, add the dates and turn on high. Once the dates turn to small pieces, drizzle in the honey. This will make a paste.
- Add the date paste and the remaining ingredients to a bowl and mix thoroughly.(Please note that if you eliminate the chia seeds , you should include one additional egg white as the chia seeds act as an egg replacer/binder.)
- The mixture will be wet so form into golf ball sized balls as best as you can and place on parchment. Keeping some oil on your hands is a helpful trick or you can refrigerate the mixture for a few hours before forming them if you prefer.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until firm.
Makes about 10-15 balls
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.