Slow Cooker Sugar-Free Ketchup
- 1 cup peeled and chopped apple, such as Gala or Fuji
- ¾ cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- ¼ cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Place all of the ingredients in a 4-quart slow cooker. Mix to combine.
- Cook on high for 2 hours. Puree the ketchup until smooth in a blender, removing the center insert of the lid and covering the hole with a kitchen towel. (Use caution when pureeing hot foods.)
- Cool the ketchup to room temperature. Store in an airtight glass container (such as a mason jar) in the refrigerator.
- Use within 7-10 days. Homemade ketchup may separate slightly once chilled, so just give it a shake or stir before using.
Makes about 1½ cups
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.