Classic American Dishes Reinvented
Oven “Fried” Chicken
(Gluten-free, Nut-free, Soy-free, Refined Sugar-free, optionally Dairy-free)
- Gluten-free non-stick cooking spray
- 1 whole fryer chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 cups gluten-free chopped dehydrated onions (available in the spice aisle)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese or dairy-free parmesan substitute
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1½ teaspoons kosher or fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 6 dashes hot sauce
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line 2 baking sheets with foil and spray with cooking spray.
Rinse the chicken pieces and pat dry with paper towels.
Combine the onions, parmesan, paprika, salt, and pepper in a blender and process until finely ground. Pour the mixture into a large plastic food storage bag.
Oven Roasted Corn
(Gluten-free, Grain-free, Egg-free, Nut-free, Soy-free, Refined Sugar-free, Vegetarian, optionally Dairy-free and Vegan)
- 6 ears corn in husks
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter or dairy-free butter substitute, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 lime
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lay the ears of corn directly on the oven rack and roast for 30 minutes or until the corn is soft.
Combine the butter with the chili powder in a small bowl.Finely grate the zest of the lime into the mixture. Then add the juice of the lime and stir to combine.
Green Bean Casserole
(Gluten-free, Egg-free, Nut-free, Soy-free, Refined Sugar-free, optionally Dairy-free, Vegetarian, and Vegan)
- Gluten-free non-stick cooking spray
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- 1½ pounds green beans, trimmed and cut in half crosswise
- 4 large shallots, divided use
- 4 bacon slices, cut into small pieces
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ plus 1/3 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour, divided use
- 1 cup milk or dairy-free milk
- 1 cup gluten-free chicken or vegetable broth
- Black pepper
- Grapeseed or vegetable oil, for frying
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a 2½ quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels.
Finely mince 1 shallot. Place the bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium heat until the fat has been rendered and the bacon is crispy. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels. Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook until they have released their liquid and started to brown, about 8 minutes. Add the minced shallot and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the shallot is soft. Sprinkle ¼ cup of flour over the mixture and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in the milk and broth. Simmer until the sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes. Add the green beans and reserved bacon to the sauce. Stir, season to taste with salt and pepper, and pour into the prepared baking dish. Bake the casserole for 20 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly.
While the casserole bakes, heat 2 inches of oil in a heavy saucepan until it reaches 350ºF. Cut the remaining shallots into 1/8-inch thick slices and separate into rings. Coat the rings with the remaining 1/3 cup flour, shaking off the excess. Fry in small batches until golden brown, about 30 seconds. Place on paper towels to drain. Top the baked casserole with the fried shallots and serve.
(Gluten-free, Egg-free, Nut-free, Soy-free, Vegetarian, optionally Dairy-free and Vegan)
- Gluten-free non-stick cooking spray or butter for preparing the pan
- 4 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup (packed) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour (or use sorghum or millet flour)
- ¾ cup certified gluten-free oats
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter or dairy-free butter substitute, room temperature
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 10 inch baking dish or deep dish pie pan.
In a mixing bowl, combine the blueberries, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Toss to coat and pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.