Gluten Free Caramel Apple Dump Cake
I love everything about a good dump cake, except maybe the name. I mean, come on – “dump cake” just doesn’t sound very glamorous or elegant. But I can overcome the name issue because with less than a handful of ingredients and no effort at all, one can make an absolutely delicious dessert.
The “dump” part of dump cake refers to the fact that you pretty much dump everything into a pan and then bake it – no mixing bowls, spoons, beaters, stirring, or mixing. And even better – hardly any clean up!
This Gluten Free Caramel Apple Dump Cake has one of my favorite flavor combos – apples and caramel. You can make your own using this salted caramel sauce recipe or simply buy some store-bought caramel ice cream sauce – could not be easier!
By the way, this is the perfect dessert to take to potlucks since you serve it from the baking dish and it can be served warm, at room temp, or cold.
Gluten Free Caramel Apple Dump Cake Recipe
- 3 large apples peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups caramel sauce divided
- 1 package Kinnikinnick white cake mix
- ¾ cup melted butter plus more for preparing the pan
- Whipped cream or ice cream for serving optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 by 12 inch baking dish.
- Put the apples in the prepared dish and spread into an even layer. Drizzle 1 cup of the caramel sauce over the apples. Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the apples, making sure to completely cover them with the mix. Evenly drizzle the butter over the cake mix.
- Bake the cake for 45 – 55 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. While the cake is still warm, drizzle the remaining ½ cup caramel sauce over the top of the cake. Serve the cake warm or at room temperature, topped with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers’ samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.