Gluten-Free Chocolate Salted Caramel Cupcakes
These Gluten-Free Chocolate Salted Caramel Cupcakes take two of my favorite flavors and combine them into one. And the best part is they only contain 5 ingredients (not including water).
Chocolate Salted Caramel Cupcakes
- 1 (16-ounce) package Mina’s Purely Divine Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1¼ cups prepared salted caramel sauce
- 1-2 (12-ounce) tubs buttercream frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a standard muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the cake mix, water, oil, and eggs. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl once. (Alternatively, you can whisk by hand until fully combined.)
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin tins, filling almost to the top. Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- Using a paring knife, cut out a cone at the top of each cupcake, about 1-inch deep. Fill each indentation with about 1 teaspoon of caramel sauce. Cut the tip off the cones and discard. Place the tops back on the cupcakes. Pipe or spread frosting on each cupcake and drizzle with some more caramel sauce. Refrigerate until serving.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.