Gluten-Free Beef Burrito Skillet Casserole
Is it a burrito or a casserole? It’s both! This Gluten-Free Beef Burrito Skillet Casserole recipe is the best of both worlds.
Beef Burrito Skillet Casserole
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 cup (115 g) diced onion
- 1 pound (454 g) lean ground beef (I used 93/7)
- Kosher or fine sea salt , to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 1 (1-ounce/28-gram) packet gluten-free taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) garlic powder
- 1 cup (185 g) long grain white rice
- 2 cups (475 g) low-sodium gluten-free beef broth
- 1 (8-ounce/236-milliliter) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15-ounce/432-gram) can corn, drained
- 1 (15-ounce/425-gram) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4-ounce/113-gram) can green chiles
- 1½ cups (170 g) freshly shredded cheddar or Colby Jack cheese (or dairy-free cheese)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet until hot. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the ground beef is browned and no longer pink. Drain any excess fat, if necessary.
- Add the taco seasoning, garlic powder, rice, beef broth, tomato sauce, corn, black beans, and green chiles to the skillet and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cook 18-20 minutes, until the rice is soft. Turn off the heat, top with the shredded cheese, and place the cover back on until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings, such as sour cream, avocado, cilantro, tomatoes, jalapeños, and black olives.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.