Za’atar Paloma Recipe
Za’atar is a versatile spice blend that can be purchased at upscale grocery stores, Middle Eastern markets, and on the internet. This Za’atar Paloma cocktail recipe combines the classic ingredients of a paloma – tequila and grapefruit – with a delicious homemade za’atar simple syrup.
For each serving:
- 2 parts reposado tequila
- 1 part ruby red grapefruit juice
- ½ part za’atar simple syrup (recipe follows)
- 2-3 parts sparkling grapefruit water
- Ice cubes
- ½ grapefruit slice , for garnish
- Combine tequila, grapefruit juice, and simple syrup in a pitcher. Top with sparkling water and stir. Fill glasses with ice, add cocktail, and garnish with a grapefruit slice.
Za’atar Simple Syrup
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup za’atar seasoning
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan and heat over medium heat. Stir until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, stir in za’atar while still hot, and let steep for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 hours. Strain and discard solids. Will keep, covered in the refrigerator, for up to 1 month.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.