You’ll simply love this 20-minute Chicken Caprese recipe with fresh basil, mozzarella, and sweet tomatoes. This dish is a variation of a beloved classic Italian salad turned into dinner, and it’s perfect for any weeknight.
- 16 ounces boneless , skinless chicken breast
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 20 sweet cherry tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil , chopped
- 5 ounces mozzarella cheese
- Cut the chicken into long pieces, each about 2 inches wide. Season the chicken with sweet paprika, salt, and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add chicken and cook for around 3-5 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Reduce the heat, add garlic, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Slowly add the balsamic vinegar, stir, and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the basil, add mozzarella on top and cover with a lid to melt. Transfer to a plate and serve with gluten-free bread, toast, or baguette slices. It also tastes great paired with rice.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.