The following is a list of references used in “Chronic Illness in Children: Why it’s on the Rise & How to Prevent it” by Malory Speir, from the March/April 2019 issue of Simply Gluten Free magazine.
- Dynamics of Obesity and Chronic Health Conditions Among Children and Youth. Journal of the American Medical Association, 303 (7): 623-630; February 2010. Van Cleave, J., et al.
- The rise in chronic conditions among infants, children, and youth can be met with continued health system innovations. Health Affairs, Vol. 33, No. 12; December 2014. Perrin, J., et al.
- What is the prevalence of children with special health care needs? Toward an understanding of variations in findings and methods across three national surveys. Maternal and Child Health Journal, 12 (1): 1-14; January 2008. Bethell, CD, et al.
- Maternal obesity and risk for birth defects. Pediatrics, 111 (5 Pt 2): 1152-8; May 2003. Watkins, ML., et al.
- Trajectories of maternal weight from before pregnancy through postpartum and associations with childhood obesity. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 106 (5): 1295-1301; November 2017. Leonard, SA., et al.
- Dad’s role in baby’s health larger than thought? WebMD, May 2016. McMillen, M.
- Paternal diet programs offspring health through sperm- and seminal plasma-specific pathways in mice. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 115 (40): 10064-69; October 2018. Watkins, A., et al.