Cardamom Baked Apples and Pears
- Gluten-free nonstick baking spray
- 3 Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 3 pears, cored and cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/6 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Prepare a baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, pears, orange juice, cinnamon, brown sugar, and cardamom. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until the apples and pears are tender.
- Meanwhile, place the dried cranberries in a food processor. Pulse for 20 seconds. Transfer to a bowl.
- Remove the apples and pears from the oven. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes, then toss with the dried cranberries. Garnish with fresh orange zest, if desired. Serve warm.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.