Mexican Breakfast Casserole
- Gluten-free non-stick cooking spray
- 8-10 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups low fat milk
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (7-ounce) can green chilies, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms (optional)
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Use a 4-quart slow cooker. Spray the inside of the stoneware insert well with cooking spray.Put a layer of tortillas into the bottom (you may need to tear them to get a good fit).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the rest of the ingredients. Pour about half of this cheesy egg mixture onto the tortillas, then add another layer of tortillas. Top with the remaining mixture, then top with a final layer of corn tortillas.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours, or until eggs are fully cooked and the edges have begun to brown with the cheese getting a bit crispy on the sides. Uncover your cooker and cook on high for 15 minutes before serving to release built up condensation.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.