Almond Currant Bread
- 50 grams dried currants
- 200 grams gluten-free flour mix:
- 60 grams tapioca starch
- 60 grams white rice flour
- 80 grams almond flour
- 100 grams sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 200 grams unsweetened applesauce
- 100 grams (two) eggs
- 100 grams butter, melted
- 50 grams sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Add the dried currants to a small pot on the stove and add in enough water to cover the currants by ½-inch. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil for about five minutes or until the currants become plump. Drain off the excess liquid and set aside.
- Combine the gluten-free flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon together in a large mixing bowl and stir until thoroughly blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the applesauce, eggs, butter, and rehydrated currants until well combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour into a greased 9×5-inch loaf pan dusted with GF flour. Sprinkle sliced almonds on top of the loaf and bake for about an hour or until it passes the clean test with a toothpick. Let cool on a wire rack. When cool, remove from the pan. Serve and enjoy.
Makes 1 loaf
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.