Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- ½ cup solid vegetable shortening (I use Earth Balance shortening)
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter or Earth Balance buttery sticks
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons non-dairy milk or milk
- In a stand mixer bowl, cream the shortening and butter.
- Add the cocoa powder and vanilla.
- Beat to combine.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar one cup at a time.
- Beat on medium speed.
- When all of the sugar has been mixed in, add the non-dairy milk one tablespoon at a time.
- Once desired consistency has been reached, beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, approximately 5 minutes.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.