Gluten Free Snickerdoodle Bars and a NEW BOOK!
It may seem like we are smack dab in the middle of summer, but guess what? Fall is right around the corner!
When fall comes I am inspired to get back into the kitchen, fire up my oven, and start baking. If you are like me, then I have an exciting announcement – The Gluten Free & More Fall Baking cookbook is now out and available!
This book is filled with delightful treats to make at home. Chapters include Brunch Delights, Pass the Breads, Fall Fruits, Handheld Must-Haves, Perfect Pies, Giftable Treats, All Things Chocolate, Can’t-Miss Cakes, Gluten-Free Thanksgiving, as well as chapters on gluten-free basics, simple substitutions, and prepping your kitchen.
The Fall Baking cookbook is available at newsstands, book stores, and markets all across the country.
You can also get your very own copy RIGHT HERE.
Here is a little sneak preview of a recipe in the book, one of my favorites – Apple Snickerdoodle Bars! And if you want to see my cooking demonstration of this recipe, click here.
Gluten Free Apple Snickerdoodle Bars Recipe
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar – use divided
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups gluten free all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 medium apple cored and diced (about 1 ½ cups diced)
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8- by 8-inch baking dish with two pieces of parchment paper – crisscrossing them and leaving a couple inches overhang.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, ½ cup sugar, and brown sugar, stir well. Stir in the egg, vanilla, flour, salt, and diced apple. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the 3 tablespoons sugar with the cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden brown. Let cool completely in the pan.
- Using the parchment paper, lift out of the pan and cut into 9 pieces.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.