Luxurious Liver Pate
This simple but rich liver pate is perfect served with toasted gluten-free baguette slices, crackers or vegetables.
Gluten Free Luxurious Liver Pate
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature, divided
- 4 green onions trimmed and chopped
- 1½ pounds chicken livers cleaned and dried
- 1 teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons cognac optional
- Minced chives for garnish
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the green onions and cook until tender but not brown, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken livers, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in the centers, about 7 minutes. Raise the heat, add the sherry, and cook until all theliquid has reduced and is syrupy, 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the mustard, nutmeg, and cloves. Let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender and process until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining 4 tablespoons of softened butter, the cream cheese, and cognac, if using. Process until fully blended. Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 12-24 hours. Garnish with chopped chives.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.